It’s no secret that we are huge fans of the fall season. And yummy fall desserts…it doesn’t get any better than that! So when we asked Eva Kosmas Floras of Adventures in Cooking to create a recipe for us, we were ecstatic when she agreed! Don’t settle for just any old cookie, spice this season up with these delicious Pumpkin Shortbread Cookies.Take a look at our Fall LookBook or our site to see our collection. Check out the recipe below!
- 3/4 pound unsalted butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the large bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar at medium high speed until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin puree, allspice, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and mix at medium speed until combined. Add the flour, a little at a time, mixing at medium low speed until a smooth thick dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured smooth working surface and roll out the dough until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a circular cookie cutter about 2 inches in diameter to cut out the cookie shapes and place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake them at 350 for 25 minutes, or until very light golden around the edges.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely on pan before removing with a spatula. The shortbread cookies can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.