I am back with another project for that last minute Valentine’s Day card! We can always squeeze one more project in, right?!? The Kaleidoscope Layering Die has become one of my many favorites, I just can’t have one!
For this card I started out with all my die cutting of my heart. The card stock I used is a watercolor card for all my pieces, even the heart! Once all my pieces were glued together using my liquid adhesive I set my Kaleidoscope Heart aside to dry. I then used the largest die from the Stitched Heart Die Set to cut out a section of my background panel. I grabbed my cutting board to tape down my watercolor paper and picked out my brush and pallet!
Lets start water coloring! I made sure all my pieces were taped down using my painter tape to avoid my paper warping. I chose my Distress Inks in shades or Pinks, Reds and a splash of purple and placed some ink down onto my pallet. Spraying my water color paper with my mister I then added my color on my panels. Have fun with this and just drop away making sure the colors will blend together.
Once I had my first layer down I removed my Heart from the center and set aside my background panel to dry. I wanted this to have a soft shade of all the colors! I then placed my heart back onto my cutting board for another layer of watercolor.
Using the same colors, I added another layer to intensify the shades on the heart only. It was interesting to see the watercolor go into the layers of the hearts and pool into the cracks of the paper! I removed this from my board and set aside to dry. Yes, I cheated and used my heat tool to speed up the process!
By this time my background had dried and I added some splatters for an embellishment!
I attached my background panel to my standard A2 size card base so I could re-position my stitched heart die to cut through, this way we had an opening on the front of our card where our heart will be placed.
I was thinking about my focal point and the backside and decided to cut one more of Layer C from the Kaleidoscope set from my water color paper and also a piece of vellum.
I placed this section onto my board and used the same color but only for splattering. The beauty of this die is they can be placed again each other on each side!
Now it is finally time to put our card together!
Using my liquid adhesive, I placed my vellum in between my two heart panels and made sure I had glue around the edges and placed into the opening in my background and card base. I know it may sound confusing and difficult but trust me, it is not and plus I always have a video!
I used a sentiment from the Lingo Thanks Clear Stamp Set and cut into a thin strip and set it towards the bottom of my card!
It will be great surprise when the card is open you get a beautiful pop of color!
If you want to see more details just click on the video below and see our project come together step by step!
As always, I hope you enjoyed today’s project… Make sure you stay tuned for more wonderful projects coming soon! Have a great day and always remember… Be Creative!