Hello Birch Press friends I am excited to be back up on the blog today to share two of the gorgeous new die sets with you. I also paired these with a previous release as well! For today’s card I am using the gorgeous Morning Rose and Triple Buds Contour Layers die set. I had a lot of fun on today’s card, so let’s get started!
I started by die cutting each layer of the rose. I chose 3 colors of pink card stock from the Berry Red paper pad collection from Memory Box. I die cut each layer using a different shade. I had a light, medium, and darker pink shade. I die cut 2 roses and 2 of the triple buds. Next I die cut 3 leaves from the Winsome Rose and Leaves Contour layers. For the leaves and the stems on the triple buds I used card stock from the Lush Green paper pad from Memory Box.
Once all my flowers, stems, buds, and leaves were die cut I added ink blending to each layer. On the layers I used a combination of Distress Oxide inks and Dye Inks. I used a blending tool, as well a finger blending tool to add ink to the corners. I love the added texture and depth this provides to the flowers, leaves, stems, and buds.
Next I adhered all the layers together using liquid glue. Once these images are die cut they are so easy to adhere together, the die provides outlines for you on where to glue the layers down. They are so easy to use. Once everything was adhered together I added a bit more ink to the edges of the flowers, leaves, and stems using the inks I shared above.
Next I chose a background from my stash. I love creating gelli prints and found a background that had shades of pinks and greens, I thought this coordinated well with my images. I wanted to add a bit more texture to the background using the Pinpoint Contour Plate. I ran the gelli print and die through my die cutting machine. Next I trimmed the panel using my paper trimmer. I then added a few metallic gold splatters to the background for added texture. I dried these with my heat tool, then adhered the panel to an A2 card base.
Next I placed the flowers, buds, stems and leaves onto the card front. I then adhered the images down using foam tape and liquid glue. To complete my card I chose a sentiment from my stash. I had a lot of fun with these 2 new products. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with more crafty inspiration!
Leave a Reply