Today’s blog post is a little extra special!
We asked Jessica Segarra of The Novice Chef Blog to create a recipe using the Staub pumpkin cocotte, and she did not disappoint! This delicious, festive soup is perfect for this time of the year and the burst of fall flavors will leave you wanting seconds. For an added bonus to today’s blog, Birch Press Design is offering a 20% discount to your entire purchase (on top of sale prices!) today through December 11th. Just use the code novice at check out to receive the discount! Take a look at our Fall LookBook or our site to see our collection. Click here to take a look at Jessica’s blog!
She was kind enough to share her recipe with us (of course, we wouldn’t leave you drooling!):
Butternut Squash, Apple & Sage Soup
Yield: serves 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 2 lbs peeled and cubed butternut squash (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large red apple, cored, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 large safe leaves
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease dutch oven with non stick spray.
- Add butternut squash, onion, and apple to dutch oven. Stir to combine. Arrange butter slices on top of mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove dutch oven from oven and transfer to stove top. Add chicken broth, sage leaves, cumin, cinnamon, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a low boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes to combine flavors. Puree until smooth with an immersion blender (or by transferring soup to a blender and blending until smooth).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot!
photo and recipe credit: