Good morning! Ardyth here with some Christmas-in-July cards with a special light-up feature!
All 3 cards follow the same steps:
- create the layered die cut
- ink blend a background panel (you can use solid cardstock if you wish)
- cut the hole from the background panel and back it with vellum
- glue the layered die cut in the hole
- add the lights to the back of the panel
- adhere to cardbase
For my first card, I used 2 layers of the Glitz Snowflake dies, A & B. I stacked up 4 of the B layer and added one Layer A on top, that had been cut with one of the glitter cardstocks from the Delicate Pastels paper pack.
The sentiment is from the Memory Box Tidings Wreath set, embossed with white powder.
(The paper clip is just to hold the lights on by putting pressure on the switch).
My second card uses the Bold Stripe stencil on the background, and 3 of the layers from the Nativity Star set, cut from glitter cardstock from both the Delicate Pastels and Twinkling Jewels paper packs.
My third card uses the centre, floral portion of the Epiphany layering set, to create a poinsettia.
Here’s a video showing how I made these 3 very special cards: