Hello Birch Press Designs crafty friends! I am excited to be back on the blog today! Today’s project features a colorful tag with beautiful blooms, lots of color, and texture too! I am using a few beautiful die sets, a pre-made tag base from my collection, an embossing folder, and a gelli print! So let’s get started!
I was on the blog last week and shared how I created these flowers, leaves, and stems! When I was working on last week’s post, I made extra flowers and leaves! I love doing this as it saves time and allows you to have more die cuts for another project. I started with 4 die collections and 2 pads of colored card stock from Memory Box. I am using the Phlox Blooms and Leaves Contour Layers, Mixed Berry Contour Layers, Delicate Floral Buds Contour Layers, and the Sylvan Berries and Leaves Contour Layers. I used 2 pads from Memory Box: Berry Red and Lush Green. I love these pads of paper! The colors are amazing and they die cut beautifully and they are super easy to add ink blending on top as well! From each of the die sets listed above I die cut the leaves and stems using 2 shades of green paper from the Lush Green pad. Then for the floral dies (shared above) I used 2 shades of pink from the Berry Red paper pad.
After my leaves and florals were all die cut I laid them out on my ink blending mat. For the green die cuts I used a combination of a light and green dye ink. On the pink layers I used a combination of dark pink and a purple dye ink. Once all the inking was completed I added water droplets to add a bit more texture to each piece. I added the water droplets, then picked up the color with a paper towel. I set each piece aside and allowed them to dry. Once dry I adhered the leaves and floral layers together with liquid glue.
Next I used a pre-made tag for my base of my project. I then adhered a piece of a gelli print to my tag base. I adhered this with liquid glue. I did rough up the edges using my distress tool. Next I used the 3D Embossing Folder – Geometric Crystals from Memory Box. I ran this through my die cutting machine. I then ripped a piece of the dry embossed background and adhered this to the right side of my tag. I then added a couple more pieces of gelli print to the base layer. I did rip each of these layers as I wanted a worn look to the background. I added 2 strips of washi tape to the bottom of the tag to complete the base of the tag. Once everything was adhered I added distress ink to the edge of the tag and a few metallic gold splatters.
Next I worked on the placement of my flowers and leaves on my tag base. Once I was happy with the placement, I adhered everything down with liquid glue and foam tape. I completed the tag with a sentiment from my stash and a piece of twine on the top! I also added a few fairy drops for added interest and texture.
I hope today’s project inspires you to use your die cuts in another way! They are so much fun and the possibilities and endless!
Thank you for stopping by today, I will be back soon!